Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hands

My Fathers hands had a large grip, strong fingers and sickly nail beds. 
His hands were covered in black wirey hair there was a yellow grey tint to his hands and veins that stuck out like speed bumps. 
When you open his hand a map of creases show a life line.
His skin rough and tempature cold and kinda clammy. 
Most importantly my fathers solid gold wedding ring, 
It was terribly scratched and had been on his finger for 11 years,
most of the time he wore the ring with pride.
It always made me shiver when his wide hand would touch my bare back,
the wedding ring was always more cold than his hands. 
I could feel their marriage on my skin.
I can still feel his hands on me, my back, legs, breasts, and face all feels explored. 
But the funny thing is that my father never completely explored my body. 
I wonder what stopped him?  
Maybe the weight of the wedding ring snapped him out of the trance.
But then again the ring didn't even weigh that much. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I don't even know what to say. This post alludes to quite the experience. I hope this blog helps you heal. My heart is with you.

    ReplyDelete